(Remember to push "Continue to Publication" after you click the above link. It is working properly.)
Join EatWild for a hunter-oriented firearms training course. Martyne Lacoste leads our Kamloops classes and ensures an inclusive and supported learning experience for everyone.
To purchase and possess a firearm for hunting, you are required to complete the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) course so you can apply for your Possession Acquisition Licence (PAL).
Our PAL (CFSC) course will help new hunters and shooters build the confidence, knowledge and skills to safely and effectively use firearms.
This course provides students with knowledge of firearm laws and confidence for safe handling. Our classes provide a relaxed, friendly atmosphere where beginners won’t feel intimidated.
To ensure that our students meet the full requirements of the Canadian Firearms Program and under our authorization from the RCMP to provide the CFSC, the course consists of 10 hours of classroom training time. The course is offered over two days, which includes the exam.
Participants will be able to:
- Handle Non-Restricted firearms and ammunition safely
- Use, store and transport Non-Restricted firearms and ammunition safely and responsibly
- Apply for a Non-Restricted Firearms Licence (PAL) having received the required “Safety Training Certification.”
- Complete their BC Hunter Education Course (CORE) without having to take the CORE Practical Firearms Exam
- Go on to take the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC)